Tuesday, October 19, 2010

pretty good start

Max has finally become interested in letters! I have to be careful about how I try to teach him because when he senses that he's "learning" he puts his hands over his ears! no joke. So, we have been doing letters gradually. One of the best stories is when we pulled up to Target one day I asked him what letter it started with and he said O. Now...O and T are actually letters he knew at this time (Tara and Olivia) so I was confused. When I looked up, I realized he was talking about the actual "target" and not the first letter in the name!


Anyway...I've been working a little bit with him on writing his name and here's a picture of what it looks like. I tried drawing boxes so he would write the letters in the order they should go and in a straight line and I got the hands to the ears, so I'm going to be happy with this:)

3 comments:

Kel said...

Oh, this is like gold to a reading specialist!! I love the beginning writing stage. You're such a great mom, Beth!

ahuinker said...

Hooray for Max - I could see his name very clearly!

Julie said...

Good job teacher! :) Looks like he might start liking to learn soon! :)