Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bikers!



Last Friday I was getting a pedicure and Chris texted me saying "Someone can ride their bike!" I was super excited to get this text, but I wrote back, "Max or Mya?" I never heard back from him, so I assumed it was probably Max, but knew Mya was not going to be far behind! When I got home Max was super excited to show me and I was a very proud mama:) Here's a video!

This afternoon the kids and I went to the bike shop to get a new helmet for Max. I figured that he would be probably be taking some more falls on the bike now that he didn't have training wheels and his old helmet was a cheap-o we bought a few years ago when he started toddling around with his trike. Not sure why I thought I could get away with buying a new helmet for Max and not Mya, but I couldn't so we ended up with 2 new helmets, a kick stand and away we went!

The kids wanted their helmets on immediately when we got home so we went outside to ride bikes and I just casually asked Mya if she wanted to ride without training wheels. She was a little hesitant at first, but then decided to give it a whirl. I gave her one little push and away she went all the way down the sidewalk with me running next to her hanging onto the hood of her coat! She was so excited to show Chris when he came home and pretty much rode her bike up and down the sidewalk for the rest of the night! The only bad part is that she can't get started on her own and will need to grow another inch or so before she'll be able to do it. It could be awhile before that happens at the rate she's growing, but it just might be enough of a reason for her to start eating a little better! Here's a video of her on the bike.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go Max and Mya! That is so exciting! Nothing like an older brother to motivate these girls we have :) The kids are going to have a great spring/summer riding bikes - how fun!

Tracy said...

That's awesome! I love that Mya learned too! She is not to be outdone! Yay for Max and Mya!

ahuinker said...

Wow - that's totally impressive Max and Mya! Good job!

Kelly Escorcia said...

Great job Max and Mya. My kids loved watching your videos over and over.