The wedding was fun and my kids did lots of dancing with my cousins' kids. I was totally planning on Ivy falling asleep at the dance, but once the DJ started playing music, I knew we would have no chance because it was SO LOUD!! Tara left the dance with me and helped with the kids so it was great to see her a little more before she leaves!
Sunday we went to brunch at my aunt's house and then I headed out of town with two of my mom's other sisters! My aunt Kathy moved in January to Omaha and we've been wanting to go see them so I thought it would be a good chance since we were over halfway there already! My aunt Mary went with me and we just took Max and Mya while my parents took Ivy home with them. (thank goodness!)
We got there right after lunchtime and the kids immediately started asking to go fishing! Their first experience fishing was with Kathy and John so right when I told them we were going, they started asking to go fishing! They didn't have as much luck as the first time (most people don't catch a fish every.single.time.they.cast) but Max and Mya did the first time so that's what they expected. They still had huge smiles on their faces when I saw them.
Monday morning we got up and headed to the zoo! It was an awesome zoo and we were lucky enough to get some complimentary tickets to enter from someone my aunt works with! We loved the zoo and even had luck with the rain holding off until we were on a covered train! My favorite part were the lion cubs eating and being trained by the zoo staff, Max loved the orangutans and Mya loved the butterfly garden. The penguins were being fed too while we were watching so that was another favorite of ours. Overall, a very cool zoo...one I could go back to again!
After the zoo we went shopping and had some afternoon appetizers/drinks at the Old Market in Omaha. It was fun and I got some fun jewelry! Later that afternoon my uncle John turned on their sprinkler system for Max and Mya to run through and you would have thought they were in heaven! They had so much fun running around in those sprinklers. I got some fun pictures.
The other really fun thing for the kids was sewing with Kathy. She was very patient and sewed some little bags for them to keep rocks and other trinkets and then they even go to make little blankets and pillows for their creatures they bought at the zoo gift shop. They loved it and are still talking about when we can sew again! (sorry kids...probably not going to happen here:)

So glad we went and I felt like I got a little break too! Big thanks to my aunt and uncle for hosting us and to my aunt Mary for riding with me so I didn't have to do that alone and to my parents for keeping Ivy!



2 comments:
Sounds like a great time! Isn't it funny how your perspective changes and it is so much easier when you "only" have 2 kids! We turn the sprinklers on at our house too for the kids- they love it! Looks like the zoo was fun! Miss you guys.
How fun! We love the Omaha Zoo - well, Dave and I do:) I'm sure the kids will one day as well! Cheers to you on tackling all that fun without Chris - I know how that goes:) What a wonderful family to help out and join in the fun!
Post a Comment