Saturday, September 19, 2015

John Deere Days

Today the factory where Chris works put on a festival for their employees and families. It was a kids dream!  They had a snow cone machine, cotton candy, popcorn, face painting, a balloon man, bouncy houses, reptiles, and a scavenger hunt through the factory! Our kids had a blast and I loved seeing all of the pride that people had in the factory as they showed their families around. I know it's something Chris has worked really hard at, and I could see it paying off. The factory and grounds were spotless and the whole thing was just so well done. They had a great lunch for us as well! Enjoy some pictures. We spent a majority of the time with the reptiles. I don't know why but our kids are not afraid of snakes and other creepy looking things at all. You can see below...




                           
                                 Double fisting the snakes below...

They also had some equipment out for everyone to look at. Chris was especially happy that they brought his favorite piece of equipment (a skidder) because that was what he worked on in his last job in Dubuque.




                     That's the skidder in the background:)

We've been to some really neat JD events in the past. This reminded me a lot of those others so I thought I'd include a couple throwback pictures! 

He has grown a bit!:)


1 comment:

ahuinker said...

Ewwww snakes! Don't think the Huinker kids would have been so brave! :)