Friday, September 4, 2015

Summer trip continued...Quinn's party

Phew! It has been awhile since I've blogged and I need to get back into this or my list is going to get too long and I won't know where to start! I left off with our trip in Decorah. The next thing on my list is Quinn's birthday party. She turned 1 on July 1st, but Tara waited for her big party until August 1st so we could all be there. It was a horse themed party...complete with 2 small ponies! All 3 of my kids asked if we could do this for their next party. #thanksaunttara. It was so good to see so many friends and family and enjoy a HOT evening outside with everyone. The best part was when we couldn't find Quinn and she was under the table smearing cupcake frosting all over dress!











The Huinker clan minus Tony. I love this crew! 

The next morning Chris took off with Chloe for the long trek home. He went through South Dakota and Montana this time just to change it up a bit. It took him 24 hours to get home. He stayed in Billings, MT overnight and got home around 6pm Monday August 3rd. He said the trip went well and he doesn't think he yawned once! I panicked a bit when he had no cell phone service for about 8 hours of the trip, but all was well! He got to listen to John Stewart's Daily Show on XM radio the whole trip:)

The kids and I spent the rest of Sunday hanging out with family and saying our goodbyes to Tara and Quinn. They (along with my dad) flew to Japan Tuesday, August 4th. It's so hard to say goodbye, but the good thing is the next time we have to say good-bye, it won't be for more than a few months. The kids played lots of baseball with uncle Brian before we headed out to Dubuqe the next day.




Some snuggles with Grandma for Quinn babes! 


No comments: