We spent the next two nights with my friend Jaramee and got to wish Weston a happy birthday and be at his party! It was so fun to see everyone...wish we could have seen more people, but it was so hard to fit everything in.
Max has been asking to go to the Humane Society for awhile so we took a quick trip to see all of the dogs, cats, rabbits, etc. I was happy we were a flight away from Dubuque and couldn't bring any of them home because he sure would have liked to!
Mya and all of her boys she grew up with at the East Dubuque pool!
We even got to see Uncle Jeff for a little bit! Always good to see him:)
Mya had a sleepover with her best neighbor girls who lived right behind us! They woke up and all dressed alike the next morning:) We miss these girls (and their brother:) so much!
And we got to celebrate Weston turning 6 with a WWE themed birthday party:)
We made a quick stop to my friend Kindel's house in Cedar Rapids on our way back to Decorah! We went swimming in their pool and had a great day with them. I just love how kids can pick up right where they left off with their friends even when they don't really remember them! Kindel and I talked non-stop for 3 hours and we could have used 24 more:)
The last day and a half we spent in Decorah doing laundry, soaking up every minute we could with Grace, Liv and Grady. The big girls got a special trip to Wal-Mart with grandma and came home with all sorts of goodies including the matching pants and purses in the picture below:)
Besties!
Saying good-bye to Grammy Pat at the airport in Minneapolis! We met Chris's parents at the curb and they helped me get checked in and get to security. Whenever I book these trips, I think I can totally manage on my own, but I sure appreciate the help when it comes down to it!
We landed, I turned on my phone and immediately got a text from Chris with a picture of us landing! Technology at its best. We were happy to be on the ground and be back home! It did truly feel like home which was very comforting. We had an awesome trip and can't wait to go back at Christmas time! Thank you to everyone who went out of their way to see us, house us, give us rides, feed us, etc. We really are very appreciative of everything!






No comments:
Post a Comment