This is one virus I absolutely hate! Last night we put Max to bed like usual. He seemed as healthy as ever...not even a runny nose. I went to bed around 10 only to wake up an hour later to a horrible sound. For a second, I thought I was at Sea World listening to the seals. It was Max, gasping for air and barking like a seal. Croup again?? Since this wasn't the first time it has happened, we knew what to do. (last time we called 911 and had our first ambulance ride) We bundled him up and took him in the garage to breath the cold air. It helped a little bit, but after puking on me and his coat, Chris and my mom took him to the ER. There he got a nebulizer treatment and an oral steroid. Today, you wouldn't even know it happened.....other than the fact that we have a little boy who lost 3 hours of sleep in the middle of the night on our hands:)
I have a feeling this isn't the last time the croup will hit our house. I was hospitalized as a kid for this and Chris also had it from time to time. Fun, fun!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Beth,
Madison was sick two weeks ago and then Laci last week. Laci sounded like a barking dog many nights. Olivia has had a crappy nose and a slight croup to her cough last night and today. Hope she isn't worse for Christmas. Hope all of your kiddos get better fast! Have a great holiday!
We took Carson to the urgent care clinic on Christmas night when we were in Colorado for the same thing! He's had it before so we did the whole steam/cold thing, but he ended up having to have treatments and oral steroids. Hope everyone is feeling better!! love, Katie, Brian and Carson
Post a Comment