Last night was another tough one for Max. It was back and forth between waking up with that horrible cough, me holding him and walking around until he fell asleep on my shoulder, putting him back to bed, and then doing it all over again. We also had a visit to the steam room (aka. bathroom with shower pumping hot water). At some point, I sat in the chair in his room and I thought I'd just try to fall asleep too with him in my arms. Maybe keeping him upright instead of laying down would help...
Beth came in and checked on us a little later and saw that I didn't have any blankets. She got one and put it over us. Max was obvsiously awake, because without moving a muscle, he saw what Beth was doing and whispered in a way only a child could "Thank you mommy". One of those moments that you never expect and make you feel blessed to be a parent.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment