Huinker Repeats as Turkey Trot Champion
Decorah, IA –AP- In poor weather conditions that led to slower times than normal, Brian Huinker was able to complete an improbable back-to-back Turkey Trot title run. Due to a severe winter weather advisory across much of the state of Iowa, the Trot was run at 11:50am CST.
“I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving”, stated Huinker. My stock portfolio is filled with Ultra Short funds, I won the Turkey Trot because of sheer heart, and we have a healthy baby girl.”
Tara Huinker upset Chris Hoden for second place honors with a time of 7:25. Hoden finished 10 seconds later at 7:35. Rounding out the top 5 were Amanda Huinker 9:33 and Beth Huinker 10:35.
Tara Huinker laid the blame on an extensive travel schedule in 2008. “Do you have any idea how many countries I have been in this year? It isn’t exactly easy to train in the Middle East. I kept tripping over my dress and I couldn’t see sh** out of my turbin.”
Chris Hoden, who recently dropped a big wad of cash on an elliptical maching to train for the event, had this to say, “you have got to be kidding me. I want my money back. I told Beth we should have bought a treadmill.”
Perhaps the most interesting quote of the day was on a message board shortly after the race when Beth Hoden vowed to NEVER get lapped again. Amanda Huinker was unavailable for comment.



4 comments:
Hello Beth and Family! I was laughing out loud this morning at my desk at your Turkey Trot post. You guys look like you had so much fun! Take care.
:)Kelly (Ekedahl) Kliefoth
Beth--Your hair is awesome. You should win a prize for that. Seriously. Love, Julie
Chris should be ashamed, down right ashamed!
Beth, I hope your sister makes fun of him for the next year and that TT 2009 he can get some redemption!
Beth, I was laughing at this post a lot. I don't know your brother, but he has a way with words. Reminds me of my brother in that he has to be sort of the comedian of the group! Sounds like you had a great holiday! Christmas can't get here soon enough for me. School is okay, but it has only been two days. Take care, Carrie
Post a Comment