We have had quite a morning. It was a MOPS morning, so we had to get out of the house by 8:45 which is quite a chore. Since Miss Mya decided to eat twice during the night, she was not hungry this morning when I wanted to feed her. So, I decided to pump and then bring a bottle to the daycare. When I went to the van to get the pump (that was still in there from thanksgiving) I realized the doors were locked and the keys were inside!! Chris had to come home from work to let me into the car. I'm sure he was thrilled with me, but on the outside, he didn't seem too angry. I didn't have time to pump anymore, so Mya was going to drink formula for her morning bottle. I had to bring an egg dish today too, so that added to the mess getting out the door. Finally around 8:45, I had 2 kids, 2 diaper bags, a purse and an egg dish and we were out.
I dropped the kids off at their respective rooms and went to my meeting. About 45 min. later I got a tap on the shoulder. Mya wasn't taking the bottle and she was inconsolable. So, I had to leave the meeting and go feed her. She went to sleep and I decided to just hold her the rest of the meeting so they wouldn't have to come and get me a second time! When we got all ready to go home, we got outside the front doors and Max refused to walk in the snow. So, I had to leave him by the front door crying while I brought Mya and the diaper bags, egg dish, etc. to the car. I'm sure people thought I was a great mom leaving him crying by the door, but I didn't have much choice.
Getting away and doing adult things once in awhile is nice, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle when it's 10 degrees and windy!! Naps are just around the corner. The project today is going to be to empty out the van from Thanksgiving!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hi Beth! I love reading your blog - this last entry was hilarious! We are still up in Alaska, at least for another year. It's nice to be close to my family and the grandparents for a couple of years while Carson is little. Hope you're having a good weekend! Katie
Post a Comment