She has exceeded our expectations for her mothering of Ivy. We knew she would be into the baby, but we had no idea she would be this into her. We can count on her to get us anything we need and she will entertain Ivy anytime we ask if we need to get something done. She asked me the other day when she could carry her by "mineself" and I wasn't quite sure how to respond. I said when she was 5 we could talk about it:)
Mya loves school and knows all of her capital and lower case letters. She can count to 30 and recognizes numbers 1-10 mixing up 6 and 9 occasionally! We are not quite sure if she'll be going to kindergarten when she's 5 or 6. I think she'll be ready when she's 5, but she is so darn little (28.5 pounds last time we checked) and I'm not sure I want her and Max to be 1 year apart in school. (could be trouble if Mya is dating Max's friends and vice versa!)
She loves loves loves to sing. Unfortunately, she received the Huinker genetics when it comes to her voice. It's God Awful. I love hearing her words to songs. At Christmas "We miss you a Merry Christmas" was my favorite. Mya continues to be very independent. Lately she has not wanted to go to school because she can't reach the sink and needs assistance! Her gymnastics teacher came up to me after the last class and told me Mya was doing very well, but needed to be able to accept help a little more often!
This little girl makes us laugh all the time. She still runs and jumps into Chris's arms when he gets home from work. Her faces have not changed since the day she was born. She can still give the best scowl you've ever seen! Here are a couple of pictures I took recently that pretty much sum it up:)



No comments:
Post a Comment