Here's the plant that I was able to keep alive for a whole year! It's not quite as full as it was and definitely needs to be re-potted, but it's alive and that's all that matters:)
We did find a church and are on our way to becoming members. The new membership classes took place right before Ivy was born and it was just too much for us to do at that time so we're going to take them in the spring and join. It's a really nice, small church that makes us feel very welcome and the kids love Sunday school. The church part...not so much:) Last week we didn't get the memo that when Sunday falls on a holiday they have only one service at 10am and not at 8:00 and 10:30 like normal so when we walked in at 10:29, the service seemed pretty short! Chris told Max that it will always seems short when we skip the sermon:)
The other ones I did pretty well on.....I definitely took advantage this past year with no diaper bag. We did lots of fun things with the kids both during the week and on the weekends. One of the hardest adjustments to having a new baby has been losing the ability to just jump in the car and go! When the kids asked to go to the park, museum, etc. we just went because no one was taking naps and we didn't need a diaper bag of any sort! I know we'll get back to that someday, but for now we're on a little bit more of a schedule. I also did a pretty good job of documenting the little things that the kids said or did. While I'm thinking about it I'll document one more right now! While at my parents for Christmas Max and Mya were sleeping together in the same bed and when Mya gave her usual "I can't sleep" before her head even hit the pillow, Max said "Geez louise Mya...you haven't even tried!" It was hilarious. (wonder who he hears phrases like that from???!??)
The ones I didn't do so well on...the whole drink less Diet Coke. I hardly drank any while I was pregnant (because I drank regular Dr. Pepper...my favorite) but now that the calories count again I'm back to good old caffeine free Diet Coke. Just 2-3 a week, but I know that stuff is nasty for your body so I need to cut it out. I'm also still a big time worrier, I didn't use a new tool in my kitchen each week, and we only went to the Farmer's Market 3 times all summer, but I figure...there's always 2012!



No comments:
Post a Comment