Sunday night marked the last of the "baby meals" we were so fortunate to receive from our friends in Dubuque. We have been blessed with 2-3 meals a week since Ivy was born! I honestly did not know how much I would love this. 17 different people brought a meal (or 2...some of them brought one for my freezer, God bless them:) We had everything from our favorite Papa Murphy's pizza to meatloaf to pork tenderloin! Each meal was enough to feed us for dinner and lunch the next day so I should really count it as 34 meals! The timing was perfect every time...each one coming on a day when I couldn't have made a meal myself! I got a few new recipes that I will be adding to my repertoire and I accumulated more "gladware" than you could ever want or need! The people who contributed to our meals were from various aspects of my life...the volunteer group I'm involved in, my playdate friends, neighbors, book club friends, and MOPS friends! I feel so lucky to be surrounded by such generous people here in Dubuque!
Oh...and Chris thanks everyone as well. Can you imagine what our 13.6 trips to HyVee per month would have been without all of these meals?!?!?
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That truly is the best present, isn't it!? So glad you didn't have to think about meals! Yay for great people in Iowa.
Post a Comment