Wow...the time has certainly flown by! Mya was 2 months old yesterday. Seems like we just brought her home a few days ago and then at other times it seems like we've always had her. We had her appointment yesterday with our favorite doctor who was back from maternity leave after having her 7th baby:) She weighed in at 11 pounds 5 ounces which put her in the 75th percentile. She was 22 inches long which was 50th percentile. I can't remember her head size, but it was also in the 75th percentile.
We had a couple concerns about her neck strength and we were sort of right. Turns out her neck itself is strong enough, but she favors one side over the other, so we need to do some therapy at home to get that other side strong. Now that I know, I really notice it. Before, I just knew something wasn't quite right. It's definitely fixable, so that's a good thing. Other than that, she looked great! Overall, she is a really good baby. I sometimes feel sorry for Max, because I think we really screwed him up. We have things figured out now...most of the time. She can still throw us for a loop once in awhile! Last night she slept 5.5 hours and then a few more after that so I was pretty happy. I went to bed when she did, so when she woke up, I felt refreshed and actually thought about getting up and doing a few things at 3:45 a.m. I decided I would regret that this morning when Max woke up, so I went back to bed.
Yesterday was my mom and dad's 32nd anniversary. Seems like an awful long time to me! The best part of their marriage is that it seems like it's still getting better and better with time. (kind of like wine...right mom? ) This weekend we're having Mya baptized at Nazareth Lutheran here in Cedar Falls. Chris's parents are coming down tonight to help get ready for the day and to help with the flooring in the basement. Should be a fun weekend! I'll post pictures next week. Have a great weekend everyone!



1 comment:
What a cutie! And boy is she growing. Can't wait for our little one to make his or her arrival. Hoping to get together with you once I am on maternity leave!
Post a Comment