Sunday, September 14, 2008

The weekend is over already?!

Beth is frustrated that I still haven't figured out how to get our home computer network back up and running, so I thought I'd try my hand at posting a blog for once. Seems like the weekend just started and now it's over again. I remember that we watched the Hawkeyes on Saturday, but that's about it. Max was upset that we don't get the Gophers games on tv down here. We dress up anyway. Even though he's 100% Iowan, for some reason we still don't have a Hawkeye shirt or hat at all; everything is MN! I'm just trying to teach him patience at a very young age - every Minnesota sports fan (of any team) needs it. I'm guessing that by the time Max is a grown man, people will be talking about how long it's been since Minnesota fans saw a champion team.



















The kids have both been sick the last couple of days. Mya has had a runny nose and Max has had the same to go along with his cough and fever. Kids really aren't much fun at night when they are stuffed up! Seems like it is the toughest thing in the world to get to sleep and stay that way. Both Beth and I are feeling it a little bit as well, so if they are feeling as achy as we are, I can understand how uncomfortable it can be. Whether it was the colds or just a lazy overcast Sunday, they slept a lot and we were able to get some things accomplished.

I painted the ceiling and walls of the office and then mowed the lawn under a light mist. Trying to get that office ready to go before my Dad and brother get to town Friday to put the floor, trim and window frame in. Finally, after this room, I'll be able to say that we are DONE with any more home improvement projects here. For a new home, we have been very busy. Beth called me "capable" today, meaning I can do things around the house without hiring someone else. Pretty nice complement but I'm not sure I 100% agree. Maybe I'd get more kudos if I could figure out how to get the dumb Linksys network working again...

Here's a little video I took this morning of Max imitating his favorite book - I'll let you guess which one it is. He yells "no no!" while we read the book every time after "Mama calls the doctor and the doctor said...". The kids are getting cuter every day. I'm sure it is the same with every parent, but I catch myself looking at them with wonder so many times every day.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Max is so cute in all of his Minnesota gear. Although he does need some Hawkeye gear - a true Iowan would always have some!! And by the way, Chris did a great job with his post - hopefully he can get your internet connection figured out. No baby news yet - hoping to hold out until they find a sub for me at school! =0)