Finally, we got going again and got to the picture place. The people there were wonderful. We had 3 of them helping us. The pics turned out great and I spent way too much money because I had to decide on the spot what I wanted with 2 hungry children on my hands. All in all..it went pretty well. Chris didn't even know we went so he was pretty shocked when he came home and saw the pictures. I also gained some confidence from the experience, so we may even try HyVee tomorrow!
Tomorrow Max turns 18 months. Hard to believe he's a year and a half already! Time has flown since his first birthday. I'm guessing it will only get faster. His favorite things these days are popsicles (batiz), his blanket (bantie), going outside (ous) and his dog Chloe (mere) We must tell Chloe to "come here" a lot, because he thinks that's her name! We're not sure how an 18 month old little boy can run our lives, but he has figured it out! "Matz" (as he calls himself) can be challenging at times, but he is a great little boy that makes us smile and laugh all day long.
Last night I went for a walk with Max and Chloe because I needed to get out of the house for awhile. I ran into a neighbor who asked how things were going. I think she could tell on my face that it had been a long day. She told me that these are the longest days, but the shortest years. I thought it was a great quote...one that I need to remember on occasion:)
I better close out. Chris is trying to put Mya to sleep right now by standing in front of the bathroom sink with the water on full blast. It's the only thing that works these days! Once we get her to sleep, she does well, but it's getting to that point that is a struggle. I think it's my turn to give it a whirl! Until next time...



4 comments:
You are a BRAVE mamacita!!
Congrats on the 1st of many successful (and hopefully not so "crappy") outings!!! :)
~steph :)
Isn't it crazy how such simple tasks are so much more work with two children?? And to think I am adding a third to my mix soon - I must be the one who is crazy! Hopefully more successful outings are on their way for you, Max, and Mya!
Time to don the cape wonder mom! That story alone is why I'm so glad you're blogging. No one would ever have thought to write that down. Love it. Keep them coming and I can't wait to hear how HyVee went. Hang in there mom.
I love this pic - you guys have the cutest kids!
Post a Comment