Friday, September 26, 2008

Chloe Joanne Hoden

I decided to write a little blog about our dog Chloe. Yes, she does have a middle name. My cousins Kylie and Kelsey gave it to her. It is a combination of Chris's middle name Joel and mine which is Anne. My pets have always had middle names...Raisin Cream Pie Huinker for example. Chloe is going to be 4 years old on October 27th. She has been both a blessing and a curse during my first few months as a stay at home mom. She does create more work for me, like when she wants to go out or come in right as I sit down to nurse Mya, or when she rips up a diaper or when she eats the plastic off the end of Max's bat and then pukes it up the next morning and I proceed to step in the puke as I wait for the toast to pop up. Or, when I let her ride along in the car and she shoots out the side door and I have to go chase her around. By the way..she only has one master and it's not me:)

You're probably wondering by now..how is she a blessing? Well, she is free entertainment for Max. They are truly best friends. You wouldn't believe their relationship. Max's favorite thing to do is give her treats, but he terrorizes her first by running around the house for 5 minutes egging her on to get it. He uses her as a step stool when he wants to reach something. He chases her with the corn popper, the swiffer, the tennis racquet, the baseball bat, the shovel, etc. Max pulls her hair, grabs her nose, and pokes her in the eyes. Whenever I need something for Max to do, I tell him to go find Chloe and it can buy me a much needed 2 minute break while he tries to find her. Chloe just takes all of it without saying a peep.

She is not always the victim though. Around meal times, she just sits right under his high chair and gets fed plenty. When Max decides he is done eating, he gives her the leftovers. When he gets up from his chair, she gets everything that falls from his bib or lap. Until lately, during naptime you could always find Chloe sleeping in Max's room. I close his door all the way now and Chloe sits outside his room and whines to get in. She is also really good with Mya. I'm not sure how, but she always manages to walk right around Mya, but never steps on her.

There have been moments when I've come close to putting Chloe up for adoption (when Chris is at work of course) but most of the time, she is a great dog. Enjoy some pictures!


Using Chloe as a chair while he eats his popsicle


Chloe sleeping next to Mya (mom..I'm guessing you're cringing looking at this picture:)
Playing in the hose together



playing tug-of-war together

double-teaming the dishwasher



Did I mention, Max loves to pick up poop????

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the picture of Mya and Chloe. Looks like it belongs on a Hallmark card or some calendar.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how tolerant Golden's are with children. I remember when Ava was a baby, Marley was upstairs and Ava was crying a lot during the middle of the night. Marley gets up and goes downstairs for some quiet time.

Hope all is well!