Monday, September 8, 2008

A successful trip north!

We are back home after a long weekend in the twin cities visiting Chris's family. We got there Friday evening and came back this afternoon. I was not looking forward to the drive, but the kids surprised me. Mya slept the ENTIRE way up there and the ENTIRE way home. I used to think people were lying when they told me their kids slept in the car. Now I know it's probably true. We were just used to Max. One time on a trip home from the cities, we seriously considered getting a hotel in Mason City (80 miles from our house) Max did pretty well too. He slept about an hour on both trips so that was good for him.

We did quite a bit this weekend. Max and Chris marched in a parade for Ashwin Madia while Mya and I went to the outlet mall in Albertville. She slept the whole time in the baby bjorn while I spent way too much money! We made it to 8:30 church service on Sunday and got to see a lot of the Hoden's friends which was fun. Later on Sunday, Chris and the tennis racquet got in a pretty big fight and the racquet won which landed Chris in urgent care and 5 stitches in his lip. He can't pronounce B's or P's, but is doing fine otherwise. All in all, it was a great trip! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Jeff for all of their help with Max, Mya and Chloe!

Tomorrow is my first MOPS meeting, so I'm looking forward to that and will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Maybe I'm sheltered, but what does MOPS mean? Glad to hear you had a good weekend and great that Mya is a sleeper! That's just awesome for all of you!