The best part about this is Max thinks it's a really special treat to stop. Just today while at HyVee I used it as a threat to stay in the cart. It worked like a charm, so we made our second stop of the day at the Orchard on our way home! Mya has gotten into these apples too. I don't think I let Max eat an apple whole until he was about 2 years old, but Mya wouldn't have me cutting it up for her...she wanted to be just like everybody else!
So, I hope the saying is true for us this fall/winter...an apple a day keeps the doctor away! Here are a couple of pictures eating apples today. Notice Chloe in one of the pictures is finishing up the leftovers of one of Max's apples:)
Speaking of swine flu...I got this forward a few days ago and laughed my head off, so I'm sharing it here--
If you receive an email from the Department of Health telling you not to eat canned pork because of swine flu. Ignore it.......... It's just Spam.



3 comments:
Cute post Beth. I too hope an apple a day keeps the doc away... Ava and I share an apple every day on our drive home from daycare, but we're not as lucky as the Hoden's and get to stop at an orchard for some delicious apples and pay for them using the honor system. The little things I miss about Iowa.
The "honor system" exists in Wisconsin, too! I can't believe people actually make money at those stands, but they must. :)
Beth, I think that is so funny how Mya wants to bite into an apple just like everybody else!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment