Sippy cups are something we fight with everyday. We have a ton of them, but yet it seems like we go through our entire stock and have to run the dishwasher every night just because of these cups! We didn't notice it so much until we had two kids drinking out of cups. Now, they are laying all over our house, in cribs, under furniture, in the car, outside, etc. I try to keep them picked up as best I can because Mya doesn't seem to care if she is drinking 2 day old milk or fresh milk. YUCK!! So, last night Chris came up with a new plan. We are going to write on the bottom of the cup each of the kids' names and then even or odd for the day of the week. They can only use 2 cups each per day. One for water and one for milk. This is going to test me, because I tend to get lazy and if I don't see their previous cup laying right in front of my face, I just get them a new one! We do need it though, so I hope I can follow through! Here's a picture of our dishwasher recently after one day. Does yours look similar?? Do you have a better idea for how to control our sippy cup mess?
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Sippy Cups
Sippy cups are something we fight with everyday. We have a ton of them, but yet it seems like we go through our entire stock and have to run the dishwasher every night just because of these cups! We didn't notice it so much until we had two kids drinking out of cups. Now, they are laying all over our house, in cribs, under furniture, in the car, outside, etc. I try to keep them picked up as best I can because Mya doesn't seem to care if she is drinking 2 day old milk or fresh milk. YUCK!! So, last night Chris came up with a new plan. We are going to write on the bottom of the cup each of the kids' names and then even or odd for the day of the week. They can only use 2 cups each per day. One for water and one for milk. This is going to test me, because I tend to get lazy and if I don't see their previous cup laying right in front of my face, I just get them a new one! We do need it though, so I hope I can follow through! Here's a picture of our dishwasher recently after one day. Does yours look similar?? Do you have a better idea for how to control our sippy cup mess?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I particularly like Chloe's face right in the dishwasher. Its amazing how far their tongues can actually reach, isn't it?
Our dishwasher looks much the same! Although so far we only have to run ours every other day...eventually that will change!
Oh funny with Chloe licking it! Ruger does the exact same thing! Right now (although I only have one child), Mallory has one for milk and one for juice/water per day. So I just keep using those 2 during the day! But it gets much more complicated with 2 kids I'm sure! Good luck!
We have the same sippy cup problem too! Sometimes even if the dishwasher isn't full I still have to run it to wash all the cups! Let us know how your plan works out!
I'm so glad to see my dog isn't the only one without manners. I sure hope my kids turn out better than the dog...
I love the picture of Chloe in the dishwasher. I'm not much help on the sippy cup front because I'm not sure you'd like my suggestion. I'm a little anal and hand wash the sippy cups (pacifiers and one bottle Dylan still has at night)every night before going to bed. It drives Simon nuts that I can't just leave them... not even for one night.
I'm so glad you all have blogs! I know what to expect in the years to come!!!
Post a Comment