Monday, September 28, 2009

Big Week!

We had a couple big changes this past week at our house. The first one came last Monday night when my mom was down for a visit. She was putting Max to bed and when she came out, she said Max was sleeping on the pull out trundle bed. Apparently he asked to sleep there even though Chris and I didn't even know he knew that the bed pulled out! He did great sleeping for 2 nights so we decided to take down the crib. Of course that night he had a royal fit and wanted his crib back, but since then he has been doing great! At first he didn't like the phrase "big boy bed" just like he doesn't like the phrase "big boy cup." So he called it his tiny bed for a few days, but now he has warmed up to the big boy bed:)

The other change was that we finally got rid of bottles for Mya...about 2 months late! She loved those bottles and was starting to say the word, so decided it was time to get rid of them before it got harder. She has done great with the cups, but it's not as nice for Chris and I because she doesn't cuddle in and fall asleep after drinking out of a cup.

We had a fun and busy weekend. Friday night we hung out with the neighbors and then Saturday I got the opportunity to help coach the Luther women's tennis team against Loras. My brother was worried about his team because he sent his second team down here, but we still won 9-0! Must have been the coaching from Gwen and I:) Really made me miss coaching and realize I need to get back to that someday.

Saturday afternoon Joe and Tracy came down with their kids and so did Ron and Maryanne. The girls took the kids to an apple orchard festival while the guys watched football. We had a good time eating carmel apples, drinking apple cider, bouncing in the inflatables, and getting faces painted! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Hard to believe it's October already this week!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hooray for big beds! I hope it goes great. Mallory is finally all adjusted to her bed and sleeping a long time! And good job to Mya for no more bottles!! They are growing up!

Kel said...

Wow! Your kiddos are definitely growing up. Maybe I should call you and talk about the bottle-to-sippy cup-adjustment...let's just say that Lainey will only take water from a sippy, and milk from a bottle, so now that she is only getting a bottle at bedtime, it is becoming a bit of a struggle. :)

Kelly Escorcia said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. I loved the cute face painted pictures. That's awesome about Max and his big boy bed and Mya letting go of her bottles. Nice work!