Friday, January 29, 2010

Grace Elizabeth Huinker

We have a new niece around here! Grace was born this morning weighing in at 7 lbs 10 oz. I don't know any of the other measurements yet. Amanda is doing well and so is Brian. He told me it got a little hairy at the end and he nearly puked at one point when he saw the concern on the nurse's face, but everything turned out perfectly. The name is very fitting for this little girl....being that because of her, Amanda was at the doctor and they found the mole that turned out to be cancer. Apparently Gracie looks exactly like Olivia when she was a baby...black hair on her ears and all:) Here's a picture of the beeming, proud father of two little girls.



We'll be heading up to Decorah sometime in the next week to meet her. They don't allow visitors who aren't grandparents in the hospital, so we'll wait a few days before going. I'll post some new pictures after we see her!

1 comment:

Kelly Escorcia said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad everyone is doing well too.