Last Friday night we went to a wedding and I decided to dress my kids in their Christmas outfits since they grow out of them so fast and only got to wear them once. I got his pants and shirt on and when he saw the dreaded sweater vest...the sobbing began. "I don't want to be sharp...etc" I told him he was NOT sharp at all, but he had to wear the vest anyway! Here was his next line. "So, I'm only sharp at Grandma's house?" I replied...yep, you're only sharp at Grandma's house, not at your house. That was all he needed I guess. He put the sweater on and never mentioned another word. Funny how we as parents have to tiptoe around certain things...can not mention certain words or they'll think it means something else or it reminds them of something bad, etc.
The wedding was fun, but Chris and I decided it would be the last one we attend as a family for awhile. Babysitters are worth the money:) Mya spent most of the night pointing at women's pretty shoes and stealing their purses. Yes, I mean stealing. She would walk around and grab their purses and then bring them back to our table. I'd have to go and find the person whose purse it was! This girl is girly...not sure what I'm in for! Max spent the majority of the night chasing kids who were a few years older than him and testing his limits of not going down the steps out of our sight. Oh well...we live and learn, right? Here's a pic of Max in the sweater vest. I don't know about you, but I think he looks pretty sharp!



2 comments:
Yes, VERY sharp! I love Mya's little sweater over her pretty dress, too! Thanks for the fun post, Beth. I love how you tell us about what you guys have been busy doing, but you always have a story to go with it!
Adorable and, Max, you're still look'n pretty sharp I must say. Sounds like the wedding was fun even if you were running around after the kids.
Post a Comment