Friday, January 22, 2010

Growing up

This morning I signed Max up for preschool for next fall. It's only the end of January, but this was the first day you could do it and I wanted to be sure he got in. He was #10 of 16 possible spots in the class, so we were okay! His future teachers were really nice and welcoming. They showed us both the 3 year old room where he will be and the 4 year old room for the next year. He loved every second we were there and would have gladly stayed if I would have let him! Now I just have to figure out how to make him forget about it until next September!

As happy as he was at his new school, I had a huge pit in my stomach. I wasn't expecting to feel this way, but being there made me have that homesick feeling in my stomach! I can't believe I'll have a 3 year old soon and that he'll be going to school before we know it! He is growing up though whether or not I like it. He has been saying some very grown up things lately and I had a list going because they were ones I don't want to forget! Here they are!

"Mom, I can't put my shoes on because my feet are too long!"

"My poop just won't go away!"

"I can't play with Mya. She's not big enough for me."

(talking to my mom on the phone) "Well, I better let you go!"

"I can't close my eyes. My eyes are broken."

(when I try to skip pages/words in the bedtime books) "Mom, you forgot to talk!"

I haven't taken many pictures lately, so I decided to put a baby picture with this post. He was 8 weeks old here.

2 comments:

Kelly Escorcia said...

Oh, how they grow up so very fast. I too get that sick stomach feeling when I think about Ava starting Kindergarten in August. We just submitted her application as well. I love that you're keeping track of Max's funny one liners on the blog. Cute.

Carrie said...

I have one in 1st grade this year and I just let the school know that I will have another one in kindergarten!! Olivia is still so much fun at 16 months, but she too is growing so fast. Will have to see about having another one????