Yesterday was Max's first dentist appointment. The age range on when to go to the dentist varies from person to person. Some start when their kid's first tooth pops through, others go at 2 (which is what the pediatricians say I'm pretty sure) and others like myself wait until they know there's a chance their kid will actually sit in the chair! I still had to go into my bag of tricks and get my bribes ready in full force. Lucky for me, I didn't need them! Max was a star patient. The worst part was getting him away from the toys in the waiting room! I laid down in the chair and he laid on top of me, which seemed to work really well. Also, they put cartoons on the TV so he was concentrating on that at the same time everything was going on. He let the hygienist clean his teeth with the tickle brush and then he let her rinse them off, but didn't want to do the suction thing to get the saliva out, so he just swallowed it:) The dentist did her check and said he had great teeth with no cavities and plenty of room for the big teeth to come in. The best news I heard was that there wasn't really any need to floss at this point, the brushing is getting between his teeth. Who knew having a gap between your teeth was such a great thing!
I have a strong dislike for most things "dental". My dental history is a story in itself. Let's just hope the kids got Chris's teeth. So far so good! I don't think we'll have the same luck with Mya though...she got her teeth looked at yesterday too and there's lots of crowding already on her bottom teeth and they're just the baby ones! Who knows what it will look like when the permanent ones come in. Poor thing.



2 comments:
We need to get Claire in to get her teeth checked. I'm not sure how it will go - probably since there are no shots involved we'll be fine, but who knows?
This post has motivated me though, I need to get that appointment made!
Good job at the Dentist office, Max!
Post a Comment