Thursday, June 18, 2009

11 months and "climbing"

Our 11 month old Mya has been doing some new things lately. She is not walking yet, but has started to push herself to a standing position from crawling or sitting, so hopefully it's not far away. I don't really care when she starts walking, but for her knees sake, I hope it's soon. They are starting to get pretty beat up from crawling on cement. Here are a couple of new videos I took yesterday when she should have been napping, but instead wanted some extra one-on-one time with mom.


My favorite part of that video has to be the little dance at the end:) And yes...that is hair you see standing up on her head!! Bows and clippies, here I come!!



I don't know about you guys, but I was pretty impressed with the whole going up the stairs of the slide and then going down by herself. Then again, I am easily impressed by my kids...
(side note for Grandparents: Yes, I was standing close enough to rescue her if she started to fall:)

She is also starting to become quite the social butterfly. Yesterday we were at the ENT waiting for a blood draw to see if she is allergic to eggs (we don't find out for a couple weeks) and she was waving at everyone and going up to them asking to be picked up. Since Mya and I were the only two in the office under the age of 60, you can imagine that she was the life of the party waiting room:) She has also taken to eating popsicles and strawberries. They are definitely her favorite these days. One more month until the big birthday. Hard to believe.

3 comments:

Grandma Pat said...

What happened to baby Mya?? She's turned into a toddler overnight.

Kel said...

So, so cute, Mya! You are getting to be such a big girl! Happy 11 months!

Anonymous said...

Beth, the climbing up the stairs of the slide was very cool mya is getting so big, and is such a cutie pie!!!



With love (your favorite cousin JK)

Kelsey Rae