Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 2

Sat AM - 2 kid wake-up call at 6:30. Long gone are the days on sleeping in on Saturdays! Mya and I had a nice little breakfast of fruit/baggle/cheerios. Max decided not to join us. Given the choice of staying in his room and sucking on his blanket and coming out with us, he chose the former. Definite power struggle between us with that thing. I realize that he finds comfort in it, but it reeks from sucking on it so much! So I don't think it's too big of a "rule" to only allow it in the bedroom. Maybe I'm just no fun. Eventually he gave in and left it in there. Strangely enough, after he ate he wanted to go in his bedroom and he said he was tired. I thought it was just so he could suck on that nasty blanket some more, so I put him in the crib and low and behold the kid falls asleep! Max stopped taking morning naps a long time ago, so this was a pleasant surprise. I thought for sure I was getting a two-fer. Didn't happen.

Sat PM - No nap for Max. I put him in there and kept hearing the banging sound of him kicking the rails on his crib. Thought I'd try once to go tell him to simmer down so he didn't wake Mya up. After I left the room, I look at the video monitor and see Max standing up now and deliberately kicking the railing. That was followed by a loud yell "DAD!". Apparently I helped him figure out how to get my attention. So that was that. Once Mya got up, I thought we could use a car ride so we drove around Asbury by the ski hill and checked out all the gigantic houses. I wonder who lives in those things? Just got done putting the kids to sleep. As I was rocking Mya for a little bit, it made me think that if I could bottle up a feeling, that would be one of them. What's the saying? A picture says a thousand words? Even if I had a picture of those moments, I know it couldn't describe those feelings. Sappy, I know.

And then, as I'm deep in reflection and pretty sure Mya is sleeping already, she let's out a solid burp followed by a toot that could clear out a room full of people... Chloe even followed when I left. And I'm sure every part of her wanted to stay in there to keep away from crazy man Max who chased her all day long with the popper, swiffer, lawn mower and laundry basket! Nice Mya...

No comments: