Thursday, June 11, 2009

MDH

Maxwell David has been quite the little turkey lately. His favorite things to say these days are: Look at me, Watch this, Huh?, My turn, I want to do it, Go away Mya, Let go Mya, Get back here, and that's MINE! He has figured out the meaning of the word "sorry" and now knows exactly when to use it. When he gets put in time out, he immediately starts saying sorry over and over again until the time out is over. I'm pretty sure he is hoping to get the time out shortened by saying this. He has also figured out the phrase excuse me. He has been saying it after he burps for awhile, but last night at the store he almost ran into a lady and looked up and said excuse me (which comes out sus me)It was pretty cute and the lady was laughing so hard tears were in her eyes! I have a really hard time getting him to leave a place where he is having fun. Up until recently, I would say it was time to go and he would cry, but would come with me. Lately, he has started to run away when I tell him it's time to go. I imagine it's a pretty funny sight to see me chasing a 2 year old while holding a 10 month old and usually a diaper bag too.

We gave potty training a go a couple weeks ago. He did really well when I put him on the potty at the right time. However, in 5 straight days, he let me know he had to go once. I decided he wasn't ready, but after talking to some friends, I maybe should have kept going. Apparently you can be in that stage for weeks or months. This is a case of wishing I had daycare so they could potty train him for me!

Here are a couple recent pictures of him. One is when I walked into my bathroom and he was putting on my deodorant. The other is how I found him after a nap. It's probably getting close to big boy bed time. Uh oh. That's all I have to say about that.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Potty training can be so stressful - more for the mommy than it is for the child. I think when you have two in diapers you get to the point where you just want one of them to be potty trained!! Good Luck! Brynn was close to 3 when she finally got the hang of it. Speaking of hanging - a big boy bed might be a good idea :) Loved the picture!!

Gamma said...

You should know from those blog pics of Tara that being persistent with potty training pays off.

Love the picture of Max trying to climb out of his bed.

Carrie said...

Fun times! Can't wait to see pictures of Max and his big boy bed because I am sure it will be in the Hoden house soon! =0)

Tony & Tara said...

you know how mom has picture of us in the toy room - at Max's "level"
well, maybe you should put up the picture of me (on the potty) by his potty. then give him a choice: a nap in his crib or a nap on the pot. I think he'll go for you

The Kruse Family said...

Maxwell is such a cutie and the deoderant picture was hilarious he is growing up so fast and looks more like you and Chris everyday!!