Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pool time!

Today Chris and I took the kids to the pool for the first time this year. Max picked up right where he left off last year loving it. Mya was a little tentative at first (okay...a lot tentative. She hung onto our necks like a monkey for awhile) However, she soon got the hang of it and by the end wanted to crawl around in the water and splash with the other kids! Max went under the water twice. Both times by accident and both times with his eyes and mouth open. It didn't bother him for long, because he was willing to keep going within 30 seconds each time.

The good part about the pool was that the kids had a great time. The bad part is that I don't think I'm going to be able to take them by myself. Maybe by the end of the summer when Mya can walk it will be easier, but for now I'm going to have to have another adult along. The best part about the pool was that we went out for ice cream afterwards! Hope you guys have a great week.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids look so happy in the water!! I don't blame you for not wanting to take the two to the pool alone - I am dreading it!! I don't think I'm even going to try it this summer. If you are in town, give us a call and the 6 of us (plus another set of eyes!!) will have to go to the ol' Decorah pool!

Anonymous said...

Beth it sounds like the kids had fun we cant wait to see them next weekend!!!



The Kruses!!

Unknown said...

Great pix. Talk about a perfect weekend. I thought about going to the pool this weekend too (because I could seriously use a tan) but it seemed like a lot of work for the 5 minutes we could have been in the sand. I need to find hats for the boys like Mya's.

Kelly Escorcia said...

Yay! Summer time means outdoor pool time. I love the cute pictures of Max and Mya at the pool. I also had some catching up to do on all your posts. I love the update on all of Max's new words (really phrases), potty training and adorable sleeping photos and of course I was laughing at all the cute pictures of your sleeping sister caught on camera.