Oops..I missed Mya's 13 month post by over a week! Once they pass the 1 year mark, I tend to not get as excited each month when they turn another month old! Anyway...I need to keep going on this because I don't do well with baby books, so here goes.
Mya is still crazy. I keep waiting for the day I can write in my blog that she has calmed down, but today is not the day. One of her favorite things to do is to jump off the couch onto cushions that her brother assembles at least 10 times per day. Yes, that means I put the cushions back on the couch 10 times per day as well. She has developed a little bit of an attitude lately too. If we tell her no-no, she smiles and keeps on doing what she was doing or else runs away from us. If she doesn't get what she wants, she sits down and then throws her body back. If she's on wood/tile floor, I run to catch her as fast as I can once she sits down, but if it's on carpet, I let her throw the tantrum. Most of these involve Max taking a toy away from her or her not being able to go outside EVERY SINGLE TIME I LET CHLOE OUT. I know, I'm a mean mom:)
She continues to eat well. The food that she eats best these days is cheese ravioli. The non-food item she eats best is crayons. Other favorites include all kinds of fruit, waffles, noodles, cheese, sand, dog food, paper, and baby wipes. Her favorite drink is whatever is in Max's sippy cup. She is still taking 2 naps each day, but I'm ready to switch it to 1. Her morning nap is really long and then she sleeps less than an hour in the afternoon which is the opposite of what I want her to do! Some nights she sleeps through and some nights she doesn't.
Her vocabulary is expanding each day. She is signing more, all done and please. She is saying puppy, all done, please, thank you, hi, bye, mama, dada and max. or...variations of those words:) It's funny because some words she says loud and some words she only whispers. Puppy and please are two words she will only whisper.
So far her favorite toys are anything that Max is playing with. So these days it's mostly dump trucks, cars, blocks, balls, crayons, chalk, play-doh and tools. Someday she'll be into girly things. At least I'm telling myself that now. Not sure it will happen though:) She can sit through a few pages of a book, but I usually have to give her the book and then start reading another one. She's a very good dancer and I can tell she is trying to sing when we have music playing. Future Brittany Spears? We'll have to wait and see...



4 comments:
There will be NO "waiting to see" if there's a future Brittany Spears in your family - or in mine. The first 3 paragraphs I almost felt bad for you (and Chris) having some of Mya's craziness day in and day out, but when you say there could be a future Brittany, that all went to s***.
I am telling you that these are all characteristics of the 2nd child. I don't know if the craziness, throwing fits, etc. every go away. Laci is getting better, but she is still difficult at times.
Sounds like a handfull but she's every bit of wonderful. Wouldn't have it any other way.
And thanks to Mom for taking care of her middle of the night bonding moments.
-Dad
I love Mya's craziness, all her new words and fun things she likes to get into. She's growing fast!
Post a Comment