I have been wanting a double jogging stroller for awhile now. Our front/back double stroller has gotten a ton of use and now Max is getting a little too big to sit in it. We have had our eyes out for a used jogger. I had two of the best second hand shoppers out there looking for a used one in the Twin Cities (My sister and Emily) and if they couldn't find one...it wasn't meant to be! So...I had to convince my husband that a new one was in our budget. Every time Chris would make a comment like, "Someday I'll have another Mustang GT", I'd shoot back with "Someday I'll have a double jogger." It went on like this for weeks until one day after I drove 45 minutes out of my way to look at a used one that I didn't want, I convinced him to take a look online. After reading through EVERY SINGLE review and looking on consumer reports, he finally caved! His biggest thing wasn't really the price as much as would we use it enough to warrant paying full price. Although I can come off as impatient, the waiting to purchase something has been really good for me. If I still really want something after the waiting game Chris puts me through, it is usually a good purchase.
Anyway...to make a really long story short. We got the stroller and I love it! It has only been on a few runs where Chris and I take turns with the stroller (mostly because I'm not in good enough shape yet to manuever the stroller and the dog up and down the hills of Dubuque) but it is great for walks and pushing on grass/trails, and even shopping! Mya drives Max nuts (as usual) but they seem to like the ride too. See picture below! They were already done with the walk and I made them get back in for a picture, so that's why Mya looks like she's about to fall out. And I don't know why she doesn't have a shirt on:)
Oh, and one more thing. Guess who found one in GREAT shape at a garage sale 3 days after we put ours together??? The Twin Cities best shopper....Tara Huinker.



4 comments:
Oh, that looks like a very nice stroller! The running behind a single jogger is hard, so I can't imagine running behind one with two kiddos in it...you guys ROCK!
What kind is it Beth?? I'm looking for one at garage sales too and on Craigslist, but can't seem to find a good one!!! Looks nice!
Beth it sounds like you and chris ar really enjoying the double seat stroller !!
I loved you post about the jogger. Have fun on your runs with the kids. -Kel
Post a Comment