Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Road Trip

My friend Marie and I have been talking about taking the kids on a few road trips around Iowa this summer. So far we have made it to Dyersville to the tractor museum and that was about enough with Mya:) Chris is taking a few days off this week in order to prepare early enough for his Luther roommate Ben's bachelor party this weekend, so I thought it would be perfect to leave Mya home with him and take Marie up on one of her road trip ideas! We ventured to the Madison Zoo today. It was a great little zoo. Chubbers a.k.a. William and Max are the best of friends and the worst of enemies, but today they did pretty well together. We saw everything there was to see in 2 hours and only got lost in Madison once! (Thanks GPS) I would recommend anyone go to this zoo if you are in the area. It was free which was a bonus, but it was also very clean and easy to get around with a double stroller and two crazy boys. However, I would not recommend taking those same two crazy boys to Noodles & Company after the zoo. I'm pretty sure the people sitting around us weren't all that pleased with the boys running laps around their tables! Oh well, what do you do??

What you can't tell from this picture is that I'm threatening to leave the zoo if Max doesn't look at the camera:) What you can't tell from this picture is that Marie's "babies" bump is starting to show!!!

What you can't tell from this picture is that after this ride was over, he was not a happy camper.



Lastly I'll leave you with a video of Max feeding the goats. He was pretty excited about feeding them little pebbles of food right up until one of the goats took the entire ice cream cone right out of his hand! He is pretty comfortable around animals as you can tell...which is a good thing and a bad thing.

3 comments:

Julie said...

So glad you are having some fun with Marie!! Looks like a great time....I love your captions.

Kelsey Rae said...

Beth it sounds like you Marie Max and Chubbers had a good time at the zoo!!!!And the video of Max feeding the goats was awesome !!!!!

Kelly Escorcia said...

Fun Road Trip and zoo time. -Kel