Monday, August 24, 2009

Strawberries anyone?

Today my friend Marie and I took the kids to Cedar Rapids to have a little fun at her parents garden. The kids loved it. I think they ate an entire week's worth of fruit and vegetables. Mya ate 2 whole tomatoes the same way you would eat an apple. Max came very close to eating a super hot pepper, but Marie caught him just as it was hitting his tongue. The strawberries were perfect for picking, but not one made it out of the garden. The kids ate all of them!! (sometimes they didn't even stop to take off the stem...they were seriously that good) I'm not really looking forward to the diapers the next couple days. The best part was that they sent us home with a whole bunch of produce...tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, something that resembles a radish (can't remember the name now) and more!

The whole large garden thing made me wish I would have paid more attention to my Grandma Huinker's garden. She had a huge garden and canned all of the vegetables, but of course at the time I had no interest whatsoever. Now I wish I knew how to do all of that and would love to have a big garden someday when I have a little more time on my hands:)



2 comments:

Kelsey Rae said...

Beth , it sounds like max and chubbers had fun with the garden!!

And it sounds like you enjoyed it also!!!

Anonymous said...

Max couldn't eat those strawberries fast enough. I know I saw him eat at least 10 with the stems on. Too bad we don't have any pictures of their clothes after this. Now for some homemade salsa.
marie