Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wedding Weekend

Apparently August 1st is a great day to get married! We were invited to 3 weddings yesterday alone! We wish we could have been at all three, but it wasn't logistically possible! Ron and Maryanne got married here in Dubuque and Chris was a groomsman. Ron and Chris have been friends since they started at John Deere and played on the same softball team along with Joe. We are so happy to have Maryanne become a permanant member of our group now! We love her and are so excited for her and Ron to finally be married. The wedding weekend was so fun. Started off with the guys golfing on Friday. Tracy and I headed to Galena to check out the town and do some shopping. Then, we had the rehearsal and dinner Friday night. Saturday we played tennis with the Neymeyers and then when the guys went to do pictures, we got our nails done and headed to the wedding! It was one of the most fun weddings I have ever been at. I don't think we left the dance floor the entire night except when the dollar dance was going on. It was an absolute blast. Here are a few pictures from the wedding. They got married in a pavilion outside the Grand River Center right on the Mississippi. It was gorgeous!






Oh...if you were wondering where the kids were in the pictures, they were not in attendance! It was so nice to have an adult only weekend. Tracy and I weren't sure we could even have a conversation without being interrupted at least 10 times per minute, but we didn't have any problems:) Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for watching Max and Mya for us!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hooray for adult weekends--I hope you ate really slow too! :) We were at a wedding too! I miss all the Luther weddings! Love, Julie