I thought you were probably wondering what he has been doing lately,so I will let you know! He is currently potty training and doing very well. When I say doing very well, I mean doing very well if and only if he is naked. Not at any other time will he inform me that he needs to go to the bathroom. When he is naked, he'll go on his own and tell me afterwards!! It's really strange, but we'll go with it for awhile I guess. The neighbors have all been informed of this behavior so at least they don't think we're white trash. Here's a good story for you. Today he was wearing only shorts outside in the sand box. He decided it was time for a BM and since he wasn't completely naked, he decided to squat down right there! I was chatting with the neighbor and do you want to know how I knew what had just happened?? I'll spare you every detail, let's just say it involved Chloe being in the sandbox...disgusting.
He has taken over as Mya's 3rd parent lately as well. He is very firm when he tells her what to do or not to do. Today in the car when she was yelling about something, he said, "Mya, stop it. That's enough!" A few seconds later when she did not listen to him, he said, "Stop it! I told you STOP IT!" I also hear at least 100 times a day, "Mya, that is not yours, Mya, no throwing sand, and Mya, no hitting!"
Gradually I have started seeing some more signs of independence. I was sure he would be the one kid in the universe who skipped the whole I want to do it myself stage. He can take his clothes and shoes off, but can't put them back on. He is starting to want to buckle himself into the carseat and the swing outside. He is independent enough to open the freezer (which is on the bottom of our fridge), open the box, take out a popsicle, get his stool up to the counter, grab the scissors, open the popsicle and then proceed to eat it. All of this can happen while changing and putting Mya to bed. (3 minutes max) Guess I need to put the scissors somewhere else, huh.
Max has always been into names. When he sees new people, he whispers to me "What is that." He means who is that and can remember names very well. Lately when you ask him his name, he says "Maxell David Ho-den". When you ask him his sister's name he says, "Mya Trisha Ho-den" I am Mommy Ho-den and Chris is Daddy Ho-den. It's pretty cute and when I get it on video, I'll post it.
We bought the rail for his bed a few weeks ago because the pediatrician said he was getting too tall to be in a crib. We haven't gotten around to making the switch yet though and today when I suggested he take a nap in the big bed because I hadn't put the clean sheets on his crib yet, he started crying and saying, "I want my crib!"
Please don't look at us funny when you drive by and see Chris building Max a "crib- loft" for college and I'm putting his shoes on for high school graduation.



2 comments:
This is hilarious! Love it! ~Lindsey
Beth, I think it is hilarious how max is like a 3rd parent to Mya!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see you guys this weekend !!!
LOVE your favorite cousin !!!!
Post a Comment