Recently Maxwell has turned 2 1/2 years old. I decided it would be fun to teach him to say that he was 2 1/2 when people asked how old he was. Poor kid is so confused now though. I taught Mya that she was 1 at the same time, so now Max doesn't know if he's 1, 2 or 2 1/2! He'll give you all three of those answers at different times.
The best thing about him being 2 1/2 is that now he's potty trained! I started working with him mid August and the light went on a couple weeks ago. He was naked from the waist down for a few weeks in the house and then one day when we put underwear on him, he just got it! Lucky for us, he eats a high fiber diet so he hasn't had any trouble with the poop thing either. There have been some good quotes along there way. Here are a few:
1. ME: "Max, do you have to go potty?" MAX: "Nope, I went last week."
2. ME: "Max, do you have to go potty?" MAX: "No. I already went." ME: "Where did you go potty?" MAX: "on the couch."
There are some mornings when he complains that his tummy hurts which usually means he has to poop. So, the other day when I complained about a tummy ache that I was having, he asked me if I needed to poop. It was pretty cute. He is still wearing diapers at night, but hasn't had to wear them for naps the last few days, so I hope that continues.
One of his new favorite things to do is to draw something and then ask us what it is that he drew. He loves to hear all of the creative things we can come up with. It gets a little old, so Chris and I usually tag team this activity. He is starting to sing the words to the songs in the car. Pop goes the Weasel is a favorite as well as "Row, row, row your boat gently down the street." My absolute favorite part about him singing is when he changes pitch at the right time. His high voice is so darn cute.
He has quite the imagination lately. He stacks up all of the couch cushions and then tells me he's a lion in a cage and comes out roaring! He is starting to become more afraid of things too. He thinks the shadows on his wall at night are alive, so that has been interesting:)
His favorite things are still milk, his blanket and Curious George. If you want to make him the happiest boy in the world, give him a cup of milk, his blanket and let him watch Curious George while sitting on mommy's bed!
Happy Half Birthday Maxwell! Can't believe you're now closer to 3 than you are to 2.



5 comments:
I love the quotes about the potty training, Beth. They are probably a lot funnier now than they were then I suppose, but it makes for a cute blog entry! And, yes, Lainey is really enjoying Curious George...but of all the things she could watch, I guess that is a good one. :)
I may need some tips on the old potty training! Sounds like Max is lots of fun!
Good job with potty training Max! I love all the quotes and imagination too.
Dear Max,
I am sorry that my son took a bite out of your finger today. I don't know what he was thinking! I guess he was hungry. I hope that you will forgive him and let him play with you again. He sure likes you a lot...and you place so nice together;)
me
Oh my gosh Beth, this made me laugh out loud in my cubicle!! Where did you go potty? "On the couch!" I was telling Ron last night and I was crying I was laughing so hard! Love reading your blog, it makes my day!
Post a Comment