Saturday, March 27, 2010

Future professional bowler?

Today Chris had to bowl for a fundraiser for the Mississippi River Museum with some of his colleagues. The kids and I went down to watch for a little bit even though I knew we wouldn't be "watching". Max has only bowled on his little play set here in our basement, so I wasn't sure he even knew what real bowling was. For someone who didn't know, he caught on pretty quick. I'm not sure how many times he said "is it my turn?" but it was enough to drive me bonkers. Eventually he figured out that he got to go after Jim, so he has his eye on Jim the whole time! Take a look at the video below. He was so funny to watch during the 30 seconds it took his ball to get to the pins. The people on either side of us had to wait until his turn was pretty much over before they could go because Max's dance usually spilled over into their lane. When it was time to leave we told him that we could come back someday with his friends. Guess how many times he asked to go bowling this afternoon? I don't even count that high.


Melissa, one of Chris's colleagues and a loyal blog reader, brought her son Gavin to bowl too. Here's a video of him on his first try. It's so fun to watch their pure excitement when the ball actually hits some pins!

1 comment:

Kelly Escorcia said...

Super cute bowling video Max, and I love your excitment.