Well, today would be the day to find out how long it would take them to tell me they were all done swinging before I tell them I'm all done pushing. It was a quiet day around here..no neighbors out, no playdates to attend, and no shopping to do. So, around 10:00, we went out to play. Yesterday I bought new sand for the sandbox, so that occupied them for awhile. Then, around 10:30 they decided it was time to swing. I got them in their swings and called a friend. After talking to her for a few minutes, the kids were still swinging happily. I decided to look back at my phone to see what time I made the call. It was 10:34. Game on. I was going to outlast them. Most of the time spent swinging was dead quiet. They were zoned out and I was just trying not to get impatient. At one point I thought Max said he was done, but when I asked him again what he wanted, he said he wasn't swinging high enough. This went on until 11:08 (34 minutes after the start time) Mya said "all done mama." I got her out of the swing and Max followed a few seconds later. 34 minutes of standing there pushing kids on swings seemed like an eternity to me. Does anyone know if that's even healthy? I'm thinking about checking the guinness book of world records and then going for it. I think we could have a chance....
here's a pic of them on the swings last year right after we moved in and didn't have cement poured under the deck. I didn't dare interrupt to go get my camera and I didn't think about taking one with my phone.



No comments:
Post a Comment