Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wisconsin Dells Getaway

Last weekend we enjoyed a short getaway to the Dells with our friends Joe, Tracy, Tate and Adria. Max was in heaven getting to spend 2 days with his beloved Tate:) We stayed at the Wilderness Resort and had a wonderful time. While there was plenty for our kids to do at the waterparks, we may have been a year or two early on this trip. The problem was all the sprayers and buckets dumping constantly. They couldn't go down a slide without being sprayed with water. Neither of my kids were big fans.

Chris and I are pretty sure we ruined chances of them ever going down a waterslide again because we took them on a "not-so-age-appropriate-one" first thing out of the shoot. I was halfway down with Mya when the slide turned black and we started turning left, right and dropping down. Chris and Max were behind us, but I had no way of warning them so I just had to wait at the bottom and hope for the best. Both kids were screaming by the end and Mya didn't let up on her grip for at least an hour. Let's just hope for short memories I guess.

Besides waking up at 5:15 a.m., our kids were very well behaved and went along with the flow. Tracy and I got a little outlet mall shopping done and the guys got plenty of time at the arcade pretending to be 10 year olds again. All in all, a fun trip! Enjoy a few pictures:)

Although you may be wondering if we were staying 3 weeks, it was only 2 nights:)


These next two pictures are of our kids after we took them down the water slide. Bad, bad parents, I know:)

Adria and Mya finding secret places to play in the condo.

The 4 muscateers right after eating and right before getting in the tub. Thus..we didn't really wash their faces:)

2 comments:

Kelsey Rae said...

Beth, it sounds like you guys had a really good time at the Dells!!

Kelly Escorcia said...

What a fun weekend at the Dells. How fun and I'm glad the kids got to see their old buddies again.