I am a very fortunate man. When I was in China a couple months ago, these are the thoughts in my head that I jotted down about what I looked forward to getting back to. Not counting the days where I return home from work 30 minutes later than promised or when Max/Mya have had too much fun to take naps and are a little "edgy", they nearly all end up something like this:
Max – I see you opening the door before I get there, running and jumping into my arms and almost as fast getting down to tell me all the things that I missed in one long jumbled up string of words. So excited to share your observations of the world with me. I am amazed at how you seem to have gained both weight and confidence in your ability to verbalize your thoughts since the last I saw you.
Mya – I see you peek from around the corner or hear my voice and get a huge smile on your face. You reach to be picked up and as soon as I do your little arms are around my neck squeezing more than you would think an 18 month old could. You let go only long enough to look at me and then squeeze some more.
Beth – Your face shows me that you are happy to watch the whole scene unfold. You know that I will make my way over soon enough. Our kids watch us share a kiss and hug and they smile and want in too. We are more than happy to make room.
Couldn’t ask for more. Happy 30th birthday to a great wife and mother. Here is to many more memories to come. -CJ
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love this post.....happy birthday Beth! Thanks for letting us know about the 30th birthday, Chris!
Your happy birthday post to Beth, put my little birthday wish to Simon to shame. So sweet. Happy 30th Birthday again, Beth!!
Post a Comment